so it’s been a while.
how are you?
whelp, we’ve been busy. we’ve been thoroughly enjoying summer, trying to live as distraction free as possible. but, I have been making a mental list of things to note here. and in some cases, I even have pictures!
- merrill loved his father’s day gift.
he also got a hammock, and that my friends, is a story itself.
(let us just say it doesn’t take as long to put together as it states in the instructions, when you have 3 adults and 3 kiddos.)
- lynn, ashley, and peyton, are amazing at their tumbling classes.
- ashley will not answer to “ash”. she will either correct you, or follow up your “ash” by adding “lee”, or ignore you altogether. oh, and a dirty look will most likely accompany any of those options.
- I painted our room. I also sewed curtains. I even hung them. no, there are not any pictures.
- I have been loving zumba.
(I am sure I am quite entertaining to watch. sadly, I have no pictures of this to share with you.)
- we went camping for a week. it was what heaven will be like, I am sure.
have you ever slept with a screech owl around? neither have i. they are loud.
who’s kid is she?!
we were unable to have campfires with the dry conditions but you know us, we mad the best of it.
- we have been swimming, a lot.
- we have visited the dam, and told “dam jokes” on our way there a few times too.
(what is a “dam joke” you ask? well, here’s a dam joke for ya: what did the fish say when it swam into the other fish? “dam fish!”)
(I know.. you are laughing so hard it is painful.)
- merrill has been crazy busy at the hotel.
- we have set a record for number of popsicles eaten. that record will surely be broken before the summer’s end.
- we had a couple of tenants we didn’t know about in our basement come out.
(no, they are not “bad” spiders. just giant house spiders.)
(yes, we are all still alive, the spiders, not so much.)
- we visited “this is the place” a few times before our pass was up.
(why this picture you ask? why, this is what I dream to have my kitchen counter look like. that is why.)
- we had a lagoon day thanks to our sister-in-law britney.
- we almost died (according to ashley) when we jumped on our trampoline during a lightening storm.
(all 5 of us on an 8 foot round trampoline, touching the ground.. pretty sure the manufacturer would not be happy about all those rules being broken.)
- we have even seen a couple of movies, IN A THEATER!!
(that is not common for us homebodies.)
- we introduced the girls to slurpees. we are awful parents in that we didn’t do it sooner.
- I had a project launch in jessica sprague’s “project plaza”. kind of exciting!
- have been reading like crazy!! I have lost count of how many books I have read, but can tell you that my two favorites are:
“these is my words”
“the book thief”
(you are welcome.)
- we have also been trying to keep our yard alive-ish during our very dry summer.
(that is not so fun.)
but my biggest accomplishment of the summer was earning tan lines in this pattern:
(I know, I know.. you are jealous and all.)
that is just a small sampling. I didn’t want to bore you to death on your first visit back and all.