Friday, September 19, 2008

Just being a mom...

I am slowly adjusting to this new crazy schedule. Running kids here and there, doing homework (!?!), reading, keeping up on my own chores... and just trying to squeeze in enough fun. Some fun stuff going on...
Lynn is reading! I must admit they are only her sight words, but she knows them! It's happy and sad all at the same time, seeing her grow so much.
A week (?) ago, I French braided Lynn's hair for the first time! It turned out better than I thought. I just need to pull in more hair evenly... it was a little chunky. Now all I need is some practice... if only I could convince her to let me... maybe a yummy treat to occupy her.
She loved the waves the next day after we took out the braids.
Speaking of yummy treats...
The other day while getting Lynn, Peyton was not being her happy self. I was trying everything! Toys, books, songs... everything. I started to rummage for something that would be new and exciting. I came across a dum-dum from the bank in the cup holder. Bingo! Happy happy girl. It's bonuses all around for her, she gets a yummy, sticky, sweet treat, and she gets a bath after she's done. She loves those baths!
She also proved her Pitcher girl-ness at lunch the other day. We were all talking, and she was in her highchair, trying to get in her own word. She must have learned from two other examples, because she grabbed either side of her tray, threw her head back, and screamed! We all got quiet, and she looked at us with the most satisfied grin. Another squealer...
Merrill stuck Ashley's glasses on Pey the other night and it was like she was in a whole new world, everything being tinted blue... she's so fun!
And Ash...
The joys of a preschooler dressing herself...
I managed to convince her that it was slightly too warm for pants WITH the skirt, and the sweater would be much better on a cold day... isn't she darling though?
I went to Macey's case lot sale. Mom and Dad give us a gift card every year for Christmas to spend there on food storage. So I watch for the case lot sale to get the best deals. I went with Ash and Pey while Lynn was in school. I didn't want to carry my purse, cause hello, it's the CASE LOT SALE... a purse would just take up valuable cart space! So I stuck my gift card and debit card, just in case, in my back pocket. I had a thought, "You're gonna lose it there." I ignored it. Uh, guess what happened... I lost it. My debit card stayed in place, but that gift card, gone. I went back to the only place where I had bent down to pick up Peyton's toy and before I could get there, I saw a stock boy and asked him if he'd happened to see my gift card. He said no, but I told him where I was when I had bent over. He found it, thank heavens! But I will never ignore a simple thought like that again.
I got lots of good stuff... I came home to unpack it, I can stack it nicer if I unpack the cases, and I am so glad I did! 7 out of 24 cans of kidney beans were empty! So I got to take them back, to the amazement of the staff at Macey's, and exchange them for cans with beans in them.
While I got a lot of good stuff, I didn't get as much as I did last year with the same amount of money. That just goes to show where the economy is...
Let's not even get started on that.

5 comments:

BookwormMom said...

Thank goodness you found the card!!!

Annie said...

Thank goodness you found your card... I bet you were just dying.

I wish my girls had enough hair to french braid. I love Ashley's outfit.

Platt Family said...

The braid is darling! I am going to the case lot sale this week. But now that you said that it was disappointing, I am kindf bummed! Hopefully I can find some good things!

Emalee said...

hmmm......Maybe your parents should give HARMON'S gift cards and you can do the twice a year case lot ;) sale they have and with the added bonus of seeing me! your girls are getting so big I am glad i get to see them on here. Maybe in real life again....one day.

Ally0005 said...

The homework gets harder. Trust me I'm there. People kept telling me I didn't believe them.
Glad you found your card!