Another year has rolled around in the timeline of the Merrill and Mindy Pitcher franchise.
We celebrated 11 years of marriage yesterday.
What I love about our relationship, like, love a lot, is that we don’t necessarily have to do anything really big for our anniversary. I wouldn’t complain if we did, but I like that we just sit back and enjoy it.
Most years, Merrill has been too busy with work to really do anything anyway, but with the girls being bigger, we like to involve them now too.
Some of the highlights from our day yesterday:
- Papa John’s for dinner.
- Listening to music, playing and some dancing.
- Lots of reminiscing.
- Making treats.
- U-Gluing our rug to the floor. (Nail-biting excitement I tell you.)
- Bribing Merrill to take a few pictures with me. (For some reason he wasn’t as willing or happy about it as he was 11 years ago..)
- Getting the kids to bed a watching “Deadliest Catch”.
- Ending the day with some sparkling cider.
While it wasn’t anything terribly big or fancy, it was time together. That is just what I love, being with him, no matter what we do… and I loved every minute of it!