Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 16.

I am thankful for the scriptures, for words from living prophets.

I set a goal this year to read the Book of Mormon (again) and to take my time, really studying and pondering what I read.  I wanted my study to remind me of my days in seminary, when my scriptures were all marked-up.  I may not be very far into the book, but the knowledge I have gained exceeds the amount of pages that could be bookmarked.

Today, as I was reading, a light was turned on.  There was something that was new to me.  Something that meant more to me than it did in previous readings.  It gave me great hope and comfort.

As if to prove a point, I was reading later in the Ensign, and the same thing happened.  I was reading a conference talk by Elder Bednar.  It was one that I listened intently to during this last conference, but in reading it, promises given to us stood out as if in bold font.  Another great blessing.  Another comfort.

I am so thankful to have these words, this encouragement and guidance from a loving Heavenly Father.   

No comments: