Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 20.

As our little family is kickin’ around an awesome little version of a head cold, I am thankful for the modern-day convenience of over the counter drugs.

You might think I am kidding, but I am so not.

It is a blessing to have what my family is in need of at my fingertips.  Whether it be the internet as a resource to find the cure for all that ails us (and to save a co-pay unnecessarily spent, only to hear: “It’s just a virus..  Tylenol/Motrin, and keep her comfortable.”), or to have a nearby store to procure the miracle items that comfort us.  I am so grateful to have what is needed to comfort my children when they don’t feel so well.

I can’t even imagine what life was like for those who came before us, what it was like to battle a cold without some of the simple things we enjoy now.

(Kleenex with lotion and hand sanitizer are two that immediately come to mind…)

I know that I get to a point where I take some of these ordinary everyday things for granted.  I find it necessary to acknowledge them, be thankful for them.

2 comments:

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

Modern medicine is indeed a miracle. I am so thankful to live in this time, where we have all the modern conviences we do, like a drug store down the road! Hope you guys feel better soon! :)

anniebobannie said...

Hope you all feel better soon! {Hugs}