Monday, November 17, 2008

My skirt...

I have had a skirt pattern for a few months now... the fabric, a little summer-y, but a couple of weeks ago, I found this fabric at Jo-Ann's. It is perfect for fall! I kept putting it on the back-burner, getting other projects done... Christie said she wanted to see me in it Sunday... so Saturday, I got to it.
The pattern, I forgot, runs small... so I bought one for sizes 6, 8, 10, & 12, thinking, I wouldn't be larger than a 12!?
Um... according to the measurement chart, I am between a 16 and an 18...
Bag the pattern.
I busted-out one of my favorite fitting skirts, and made my own pattern.

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Cute, cute, cute... What can't you do?

Six-Pack Momma said...

Love it! Thanks for accomindating me!

Brooke said...

I'm impressed... I seriously thought you bought it. It will be my turn in March or April... hopefully. Is it elastic waste or zipper?

Mindy said...

I have to say, zipper, and that was what Lynn was most impressed by... silly girl! I made the whole thing! Well, except for weaving the fabric and the thread... making the zipper...

Ally0005 said...

Way cute! Wish I could sew.

Aartee said...

So cute! I want to do capes for my nephews for Christmas but have never actually used a sewing machine and always stick to smaller sewing projects....can you help????

BookwormMom said...

I'm so jealous of your sewing skills...if you're ever giving lessons, I'd love to be one of your students!!!

Rachael said...

Yeah... I agree with Jenny but I would also like to add... if you ever want to start making skirts for every one in the ward as well I wouldn't mind that one bit. Just let me know when you do!