Thursday, January 31, 2008

Jeans...

I was awaken this morning at 6 am by Ashley. Her bed is too hot, but mine isn't... She has three thick blankets on her bed, long PJ's, and her "Baaa" Harbor sheep jacket on. And she's hot??? I asked her if she wanted to take off her sheep jacket, "no". So I laid down by her her for a little while, having contractions and an achy back the whole time. It carried on throughout the day.
Jaclyn, Brooke, and I , went shopping today. I wanted to get some things taken care of before the big moment arrives. I went to Sam's early, to get some pics for my two... no three, remianing HOF projects printed off. I get there only to discover that I wasn't thinking things all the way through, the pictures weren't on the disc that I had, they were still at home, on my computer, waiting for me to load them on my memory card... see, good luck at getting this HOF entry done... I wanted to go to JoAnn's too, but another airhead act, I forgot my list... last thing you want to do is send me into JoAnn's, list-less... that just equals massive dollar amounts. And I didn't get Peyton's blessing dress found... I really didn't even begin the hunt.
So on to the successful part of the day...
Around noon, we left for Gateway. Mission: find two pairs of jeans... 1. post-partum jeans. Some that I can wear immediately, or at least until the left-over belly is gone, you know, the belly that makes you still look like you are seven months along??? The other pair, motivational jeans. I was on the hunt for the most perfect, favorite jeans I have ever owned... size 8, dark wash, curvy, perfect fit. They were $79.50, I know, but worth every red cent. My original pair got holes in the knees, of course, and then one in the crotch when we were laying the new floors. It was a sad day at our home... especially for Mer, he liked the "rear view"...
So the outcome: I found lots of jeans that I liked. I had Brooke and Jaclyn try all of them on to show me how they looked, (there was lots of giggling going on in that dressing room..) and then bought them in the appropriate sizes. I was so happy to find the "perfect" pair, again. I would have bought two a year ago, but they only had one... And I even found a cute top to boot. But things get even better (sorry Chrisite)... my blessing for the day, which may seem dumb, but it really is a blessing, I was able to find these "perfect" jeans. These size 8 motivational jeans... and the betterness (my own new word, copyrighted by me... right now...) continues... as the sales girl was ringing-up my purchases, I noticed that a pair of the jeans rang up at $24.97. I asked her which ones rang up at that price... it was my favorite jeans, my "perfect" jeans. Apparently, they are getting rid of all of them because they were last year's style. I went to look for another pair, no more, in any size... I feel blessed. I even got them less than that, I used my birthday coupon! AND I got a customer service survey, which I get 15% off my next purchase, awesome. Now, to fit into them...
Brooke and Jaclyn got me a pair for my birthday gift! Love it! We had fun, but didn't get to spend nearly as much time together as we wanted to... (we'll see you next time Heartland Paper Co.) responsibility came knocking. A couple of hours was all that we really needed. Thanks girls!

2 comments:

brooke said...

Your welcome! Sorry I was the reason you couldn't stop by Heartland. But you should be happy cause I can now leave comments. I know I'm a little slow with getting it together.

Anonymous said...

I votef orFebruary 13.

Kelly
rasm4487@aol.com