so we have a challenge for ffa, which has nothing to do with animals or growing edible stuff, but has everything to do with helping you find your style and implement it.
so the only reason why I do this, is because mandi told me to, and I like her, like, a lot, so I will do it for her.
before I go on, before you do as well, please take into account that this room of mine is not cute. you might want to grab a bucket or a garbage can, a large bowl perhaps? you might vomit at the sheer ugliness of this here room.
I was hoping that it would not come to this, but really, you have to see the before to appreciate the after.
(hopefully coming soon.)
are you sure?
do you have your container with which to catch vomit?
wait, before I go on, let me say that this is how much I care about these pictures:
- they are sooc (straight out of camera).
- the white balance hasn’t even been corrected.
- I am not watermarking them. I don’t want anyone to be able to prove that this room belongs to me.
- I am now considering blurring the face of the child in these pictures, just so the authorities don’t come and take her out of a home that is obviously so bland and boring.
- they are so awful, I tagged and labeled them “ugly room”.
(but really!! it’s just the one room.. I will prove that I have cuteness in this house!!)
oh, and I didn’t really bother to “straighten up” because, really, like anything can help this?
I know, I apologize. this is not what you needed to see today.
I hope you didn’t get any vomit on your keyboard.
(those are difficult to clean.)
so here’s the rundown:
- paint. maybe if I tell the guy I am married to that that is all I want for mother’s day, then I can get it soon-ish? I mean, I was putting it off, what with the water heater/sprinkling system/pirate-eyed daughter fiasco going down. I am still debating on stenciling one wall. not sure. not sure at all about that.
- see that drab, plain, ugly curtain? (if that is what you want to call it.) it is thumbtacked to the wall. it is also a necessity in this here sleep-space. this window is south-facing, so we get lots ‘o light in here, we don’t want it. it also helps to muffle the neighbor’s annoying dog. I want to punch either the owner, or the dog in the face most days. so basically, I need to get some attractive fabric (and that can’t be that hard to improve upon this situation) to make into curtains, with blackout liner of course.
- stuff for my walls. you know, to make them look attractive and accessorized and junk.
- new headboard, and stat!! I have had my eye on a few options of diy upholstered headboards. this one, the one in that picture you don’t want to look at again, is a bookcase headboard. while my husband loves it, and while I am thankful we have had it for 12 years, and while I am looking for some positivity, I am thankful for my thoughtful mother-in-law who gifted us this whole bedroom set as a wedding gift, it reminds me of my grandparents. they always had a bookcase headboard. I feel like I should have a gigantic bottle of excedrin hiding in one of the cubbies.
- new bedding. that should be obvious.
- re-paint the dresser?
- I would love new nightstands. one that is more “him” and one that is more “her”?
- heck, while I am dreaming, how’s about a king sized bed?
- then there’s the area against the wall in the top picture, you know, the one you started dry-heaving when you saw it? yeah, that is a desk. it really didn’t have a home anywhere else in the house, so it got stuck in our huge room. “we have the room for it…” biggest mistake of my life. it has turned into a catch all. I need storage for my books, cause I kinda love to read. oh, and that chair? (the object that has the husband’s clothing piled-up on? yeah, it’s under there…) I just want to get rid of it so merrill will have to buck up and put his crap away.
(that sounded mean… but it’s really just these pictures are putting me in a bad mood, I swear.)
- the light. I loathe that light. it’s too fancy? I just don’t like it.
I could go on, but that would be like, a lot of stuff.
so we’ll just start here.
please forgive me, again, for the vomit on your computer and all.