Friday, May 2, 2008

Flashback: May 1998...

May 1998:
I was getting ready for the rest of my life, and I was excited!
Mom says that she wasn't.
I was engaged, to be married July 18th (later bumped to August 29th, then bumped again to ???)... so she thought that I would be leaving home, married to some guy that I would later find out, no one really liked...

Well, I sure showed them!
Ten years later, I am married to a totally different guy, whom they love... yes Merrill, YOU! And I have fulfilled my lifetime dream of being a mom, and being fortunate enough to be a homemaker too! My high school guidance counselor titled the "career" as a "domestic Goddess", on a little sheet she had with other information about me.
She was so confused why I was interested in early graduation, why I was so anxious to drop all unnecessary classes. I made a deal in the sixth grade at age 12, that if I took German, and got A's, for six years, they would count German as a fine arts credit, along with an elective credit each year. So senior year, I only had to take the one class, I filled the rest of my credits getting those A's and even playing sports, which helped fill PE requirements...

Oh, how I do not miss High School!!!!
But sometimes, when I look back, I wish that I hadn't wasted what could have been some fun years, with that goofball that was my fiance for such a short time.
Oh well... my dreams came true anyhow!

5 comments:

Ally0005 said...

May 1998 I was married a year.

Dani and Tom said...

Isn't it such a blessing the way our Heavenly Father is always looking out for us? Tender mercies I guess, and look what a cute little hubby and family you have!

BookwormMom said...

Oh, Min...
You were graduating, and I had just found out I was pregnant with my first....

It makes me feel old.

The Anderson's said...

I remember that month too. Kind of weird to think that it has actually been 10 years. I am relieved that this part of my life is in the past too. So do you still speak German?

Mindy said...

Ja! Guten Tag!!! Ich heisse Mindy... Ich bin acht und zwanzig jahre alt...