Thursday, May 15, 2008

Grandpa's Idea...


So before I totally forget to write this one down, Grandpa shared his idea with us Sunday while we were at the cemetery visiting Grandma.
We are all sitting around the grave, checking out the headstone (the first time we'd all seen it...) when Grandpa, who is standing says in kind of a quiet voice, "I want everyone to get together, whatever little money you are able to and..."
Okay, so I have to stop because I was thinking, does he want us to keep up on flowers for her or does he want something re-done on the headstone?...
So he finishes, "I want you all to put your money into a pool, and each of you guess," now he's tapping the blank date underneath his birth date with his cane... "guess what date will go there. And whoever gets the closest will will the money!" He was quite satisfied with himself, had this grin on his face and was chuckling...
"That way it might help you to look forward to it!"
Never Grandpa... NEVER!

1 comment:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Now I see where you get it from, Min!