Thursday, May 22, 2008

My 5 year old uses "air quotes"...

This is a "self-portrait" of Lynnie-Lou-Hoo...
Lynn has been doing some pretty silly, yet, grown-up things lately...
One of which is using the "air quotes", you know, when you take your pointer and middle fingers on both hands and make quotation marks when you are talking.
I can't remember the exactness of the situation, but she used them.
She also remembers everything that we say, or that the TV says...
Deal with it if you've heard these before...
Family Guy: A stork flies into a woman's window with his little pouch in his bill. The woman is reading a book, sees the stork, puts down her book, and exclaims, "A baby!" The stork puts down the load, unties the bundle, and there's no baby, instead a red light bulb. The woman asks, "Where's my baby?" Now the stork's answer is what Lynn remembers and says all the time...
The stork: (in a Barry White deep sensual voice...) "You and me are gonna make the baby..."
Yeah, I really like my five year old reciting that one...
Merrill got a new ZUNE. He always has issues with new electronic gizmos and getting them to work with our computer. EVERY MP3 player has had it's drama when it first arrived at our house. I was fortunate enough to miss the dramatics of last night. He told me that it got pretty bad. Bad enough that he was ready to do "a Julie" and throw something... fortunately he didn't, and there was no ketchup bottle to use as his projectile ;)... Julie, you oughta appreciate that one! He said that the girls went to bed so easily, they must have sensed his frustration. No arguments and no repeated trips into their room to tell them to get back into bed, to be quiet, to go to sleep, etc...
Went to Lisa's baby shower tonight. At first, I wasn't going to be able to make it, then by a last minute miracle, I did. I was so glad I got to. We had a lot of fun. "Celebrity" is a game that I want to play again, the full version...
Peyton has been so fun today. She has been talking a lot and smiley... must have been all that fun that she had last night with me and the girls.
I asked Merrill if he has performance anxiety... :) He appreciated the humor in that speculation. Hoping to play "shrink" with him and help to unwind his weirdness... really, it's still humorous, but c'mon! I've gotta seriously figure this out!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

It might be time to take desperate measures...book a hotel...quick!!