Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fire drill.

Our smoke/carbon monoxide detectors do a funny thing..

They let us know when lightning is striking by beeping.

Really.

Sometimes it is just one, sometimes it is all of them triggered by just the one.  I have Googled the phenomena and we are slightly abnormal for experiencing this in our household.

(If yours doesn’t do it, then I believe that you are the weird one.)

We haven’t had too many awesome storms this summer, so I am glad when it lets me know when one is here.  The best is when it goes off in the middle of the night.  I nearly wet my bed every time it happens.  Then the thunder comes and I am not scared.

This morning as the girls were getting their hair done, the detector beeped, and Lynn immediately dropped to the floor and crawled to the door.

We all had a good laugh when the thunder followed-up pretty soon after.

At least she remembers the proper procedures.

2 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

You may need to get a new one. Ours did that and after replacing it it's been fine. Of course for the longest we thought it was the smoke detector, LOL!

BookwormMom said...

Those detectors are pretty sensitive...I hope you don't light matches often!!! ;)