Friday, September 17, 2010

Peyton Potty Mouth.

Don’t let this sweet face fool you..

peytonpottymouth

It should come with a warning attached.

“The words and thoughts shared are coming to you from the mouth of a 2 year old who is testing her bounds continually.”

Currently, her favorite words are those that belong in our garbage can.  We call them “garbage words” or “potty talk”.

(They are words that we use to describe parts of our body or events that primarily occur in the bathroom.  Just in case you didn’t know that..)

Sometimes these words come out in a deluge, like she has turrets or something.  Other times, her words are used in the correct context, but ill timed.

One evening, Grandpa showed up for a visit.  Peyton made her way, running in tights, to the door, slipped and fell on her rear end.  She began to cry, as hurt and embarrassed as she must have been, and when we asked her if she needed a kiss, she said yes.  When we asked her what hurt, she replied, “My buttcwack.”  And she really expected a kiss there.

It could be worse, she could be implementing some of Ashley’s old favorites.

The day is made more exciting when I get to threaten the use of soap, multiple times a day, and wave said soap in her face, multiple times a day.

My day is made more humorous when she does get the soap on her tongue, and then she reacts negatively to the flavor.

You’d think she might reconsider her choice of words after a while.  I guess it is all too exciting to her, so she repeats it.

It has also made our time potty-training that much more colorful.

Just today while we were sitting and waiting for that magical sound, I asked her where the sound was hiding.  She answered, “It’s in my buttcwack, but it’s too small…  yeah..  my buttcwack is too small.”

Consider yourself warned.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Ha ha ha... I know it's not very fun when it's being repeated over and over. But you should at least record her saying it so you can black mail her in years to come.

MEK said...

hahahaa I love it! Can't beileve she is potty training!

anniebobannie said...

Ah-oh Peyton!!! Good thing she is so adorable!

Jamie said...

At least your girl is just 2 and saying the potty talk... I'm still struggling with my 4 year old! We've done the soap and everything... if you know of some good pointers let me know!