Friday, December 4, 2009

Festival of the Trees..

More activities are being crossed-off our list!
Last night we enjoyed another family activity going to the Festival of the Trees.
We love going here, and it has been a couple of years.  We usually try to go on a Saturday when Merrill has (more like had..) the day off.  Those days are not as plentiful as they used to be..  so we went on a weeknight, figuring it would be better than a Friday night.
It was crazy!!
Parking was quite the feat, and we got a good, long, cold, brisk walk in.
Well worth all of it though.
The kids loved it, we loved it, and it is a worthy cause...
We saw so many gorgeous trees and wreaths..  we saw Gracie's tree...
  Located at C2, in case you are interested.. :)

And some amazing gingerbread creations.

I didn't want to lug around the "big camera", so I brought the Cybershot, only to discover that since we don't use it that often, and I really don't think about it until I need it, the battery was dead.  My camera phone did okay, but, well, you know...  it really doesn't matter, does it?

 If Miss Ashley would just hold still...

The only thing I would do differently, NOT purchase cotton candy (aka pure sugar) for the treat enjoyed on our late ride home.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

that tree turned out so pretty...

Crystal said...

I love Gracie's tree. It's beautiful. I thought that huge gingerbread house looked familiar.....it is the same pattern as the one last year. They just used red frosting. Amazing, anyway.