Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not too frumpy...

It all started when Lynn and I were going through her closet, discussing which dresses were okay to wear in our wintry weather. 
We came upon these dresses that I bought her at Target.  It is hard to find dresses that fit her.  She is so tall and skinny, but her legs are so long!  I can get something that is her size, but looks so short and immodest because her legs are so long.  If I go up a size, it is too baggy and falls off.
These are both problems.
I bought these dresses thinking they were perfect, not as fancy as she would like, but she could even wear them to school, because they weren't fancy.
She has worn them only a couple of times and I asked her why, assuming it was on the account that they weren't fancy enough, but her answer to me:
"They are too frumpy."
That was a laugh.
We decided to go on a mother daughter date to find her a suitable dress.
"High-heeled shoes" were also a planned purchase.
That girl was too funny to shop with!  She is like a little butterfly, flitting here and there, to every rack and dress in the store.  She would walk on her heels and snap her fingers..  you could see the over-stimulation in her eyes.
She was in fancy heaven!
We settled on a dress and hunted down the perfect shoes.
Coming home and showing off her finds only motivated Ashley more (who was already upset that we were leaving without her to buy a new dress..) to book our date together.
Ashley was just as much fun to shop with, but she knew what she was going after both shoe and dress wise.
She picked out her "fancy dress" and even got a bonus in a matching dress for her American Girl doll.  She is thrilled with her shoes and wants to wear them everywhere!
I just loved having the one on one time with each of them.



Couldn't leave out little Pey...



I bought this dress for her, she had no complaints. ;)

10 comments:

Amanda said...

OK, so when I saw that last pink dress I thought... that reminds me of a cake I made!

http://iammommy.typepad.com/i_am_baker/2009/12/audreys-cake.html

It is SOOOO cute! Between you and me, I like the dress more then the cake... it lasts longer and that gorgeous sprite in it is captivating!

Blessings-
Amanda

Rachael said...

I wondered why they were so cute and frilly sunday. That explains it all. he he he... Girls are the best!

Bonnie said...

I hope my next one is a little girl. You are the cutest mom of girls!

Happy B-day tomorrow, could u send me your new address so I can pretend like I am not surprising you with a tackly beleated B-day card? You are the best Mindy!!!

Ally's Corner said...

What a pretty dress!!!! She is so cute!!

BookwormMom said...

I loved both their dresses on Sunday...they were both beautiful (the girls and the dresses!)

I look forward to the days when I can take my daughter on a date like that...when she'll actually understand that's what we're doing!

Oh, a friend here at work just told me Pey is absolutely beautiful!

anniebobannie said...

they are so beautiful! I love getting dressed up for church! It should be a special occasion! They have great taste!

Jenny said...

These pictures are awesome! I love the dresses and shoes....oh girls, they are too fun!

Sunshine and Lazy days said...

your girls are so pretty! I love those pictures! Luke is my shopper, he loves to shop and never stops talking the whole time we are out! (Cute, cute girls!)

courtneycash said...

The first dress is simply divine! Yes, 'goils' like to get poofie and sparkly every once in awhile. Although my second born continues to remind me she's not really a girly girl. :-) Enjoy it!

Jamie said...

Such beautiful girls and beautiful dresses!!