Friday, January 8, 2010

Pulled Pork..

I know!!
I am all about food lately..
Just wait, I have even more coming!
This is another family favorite, thanks to my days when I would actually watch Good Things Utah, and our (then) new found love of Texas Roadhouse.
Merrill no longer loves it, he claims we don't need to go there to get the pulled pork..  mine is better.
Or so he says...
It has also been posted here.

Rib City's Pulled Pork

 
1 small 2lb-4lb pork butt "bone in", or pork collar, or roast bone in or no bone
1 bottle Liquid Smoke
1 Package of Knorr Vegetable blend spices (or Season Salt,Celery Salt,Pepper, Salt, Montreal BBQ Spices,Garlic powder mixed together)
1 bottle Rib City Sweet BBQ sauce ( I used Bull's Eye, Hickory smoke)

Spread all spices on Pork Roast or Butt forming almost a crust, or thick layer.
T
ear off 2 big pieces of foil to cover roast.
Pour 1/2 bottle liquid smoke into foil with roast. Wrap the 1st sheet then wrap it again with the 2nd sheet so the juices cannot escape when cooking.
Place in a shallow pan or cooking tray. Slow cook on convection bake or regular oven at 375 for 4 hours and then 275 for 4 more hours.
Unwrap and pull bone (if any). Take a fork and make sure that the meat separates easily. Leave cooking juice and put in bowl and pull with forks or gloved hands.
Add BBQ sauce.

This one was a real winner... no one could stop eating it. It was so tender, the foil was the only thing keeping it together.

I also started cooking it in the crock pot so my oven isn't tied up all day..  it is great that way too.  The only downside, you don't get the delicious crusty outer pieces like you do when cooking it in the oven.
We like to serve it with baked potatoes, or mashed, or french fires...  or steak fries. ;)  We also like Rhodes Texas Rolls with honey butter.  The left-overs are awesome!!

4 comments:

Ally's Corner said...

I'm making this next week.
Don't you just love your crock pot?

Ally

glitterbygrammie said...

mmmmmm nummy. sounds great.
Thanks

Bonnie said...

Be all about the food baby!!! I love your food posts!

Jenny said...

I'm confused about the "1 blend of Vegetable blend spices" What is 1 blend? Thanks! I really want to make this!